PDA

View Full Version : RS6.com movie: A very fast Skoda Octavia 4x4

Erik
May 6th, 2003, 23:10
Beware of this Skoda Octavia 4x4.

It has a TT 6-speed gearbox, about 350 hp at 1.6 bar and >500 Nm.

All tuning done by ACE Competition.

Please use 'save as...'
ftp://www.rs6.com/rs6.com/Very-Fast-Skoda-Octavia.WMV

(however, it's still not worthy to be in the VAG Top-of-the-Line section) :hihi:

pING
May 7th, 2003, 19:46
whaahahaa, that steeringwheel :cry: :D

oswald
May 8th, 2003, 00:26
Well, after watching this movie I have real doubts in the purpose of such heavy tuning of the 1.8T engine. I used to drive a Skoda Octavia 1.8T (MTM stage 1 = measured on the dyno was 211 HP) and it gained something under 6.5sec 0-60mph. With no big changes to the engine (only ECU upgrade) and the turbo. And also it was only FWD and with a standard gearbox. So I don't thing tuning of Octavia can give any reasonable results. Loss of money? Frankly, if I wanted something fast, I'd buy an old S2 and send it to mr. Dahlback for tuning ;)

RS4
May 11th, 2003, 20:31
Originally posted by oswald
Well, after watching this movie I have real doubts in the purpose of such heavy tuning of the 1.8T engine. I used to drive a Skoda Octavia 1.8T (MTM stage 1 = measured on the dyno was 211 HP) and it gained something under 6.5sec 0-60mph. With no big changes to the engine (only ECU upgrade) and the turbo. And also it was only FWD and with a standard gearbox. So I don't thing tuning of Octavia can give any reasonable results. Loss of money? Frankly, if I wanted something fast, I'd buy an old S2 and send it to mr. Dahlback for tuning ;)

Who is Dahlback?

oswald
May 11th, 2003, 20:36
Dahlback is a very well known Swedish Audi / VW / Skoda tuner. He has produced the legendary (in Europe) Golf IV RSI - with 2.1 turbo engine from Audi, with power from 600 to 900 bhp. You must see it in action :) visit his site : www.dahlback.se

greetings.

oswald
May 12th, 2003, 07:07
http://www.dahlbackracing.se/ sorry for mistake.

RS4
May 12th, 2003, 09:00
Originally posted by oswald
Dahlback is a very well known Swedish Audi / VW / Skoda tuner. He has produced the legendary (in Europe) Golf IV RSI - with 2.1 turbo engine from Audi, with power from 600 to 900 bhp. You must see it in action :) visit his site : www.dahlback.se

greetings.

Don´t belive everything on the internet.......

darkseid
May 12th, 2003, 10:03
Ok then, here is some proof:

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/projekt/golf_rs1.html

There are movies to be found, and Kanal 5's Motorjournalen has tested it.

Erik
May 12th, 2003, 10:06
Everybody knows the Golf very well, including RS4. He's only joking, but that could have to do with his experience with DBR. ;)

RS4
May 12th, 2003, 14:28
Originally posted by darkseid
Ok then, here is some proof:

http://www.dahlbackracing.se/english/projekt/golf_rs1.html

There are movies to be found, and Kanal 5's Motorjournalen has tested it.

Yea right. What a proof..... Some text, that´s all. Blablabla

Freddesix
May 12th, 2003, 18:15
Hej guys,

RS4 is very well aware of who Mr. Dahlbäck is. He just finds some of his cars a little slow compared to what Mr. Dahlbäck has said about its peformance...and he's not alone!

Anyway some of his/Dahlbäck Racings cars are really cool, for example his black RS4 is quite bad!

Snow
May 18th, 2003, 15:01
What I've read and heard at the Stockholm Motor Show was that the horsepowers range from 600-900 depending on what fuel they use (race or street). I doubt they can squeeze out over 1000 horsepower, but with Mr. Dahlbäck you never know. :D