PDA

View Full Version : EVO R8 review

March 13th, 2007, 04:55
They give it 5 stars, they absolutely love it. You have to read the article to see what they think as EVO doesn't post numbers like American Mags.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/206857/audi_r8.html

Benman
March 13th, 2007, 15:45
Excellent write up, thanks for the link. And yes, EVO is not one to give out 5 star ratings like the other mags...

All future R8 owners are in for a treat!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
March 13th, 2007, 23:31
I remember reading this post and think, Audi have done something that both BMW and Mercedes failed to do, produce first time out a supercar that is right on the money in terms of quality, looks, excitement, feel, handling, control and yet have not fallen into the trap that almost all supercar makers have and that is making them impractical as a day to day mode of transport. I can think of only Porsche and Aston Martin in this price bracket producing anything to equal the R8 in all of the above points.

Audi true have done something very special with the R8, I personally think when the first tests between the R8 and the Carrera 4S finally happen, the R8 will do the unthinkable, beat the brand that many believe to unbeatable at this price.:wo:

March 13th, 2007, 23:36
I remember reading this post and think, Audi have done something that both BMW and Mercedes failed to do, produce first time out a supercar that is right on the money in terms of quality, looks, excitement, feel, handling, control and yet have not fallen into the trap that almost all supercar makers have and that is making them impractical as a day to day mode of transport. I can think of only Porsche and Aston Martin in this price bracket producing anything to equal the R8 in all of the above points.

Audi true have done something very special with the R8, I personally think when the first tests between the R8 and the Carrera 4S finally happen, the R8 will do the unthinkable, beat the brand that many believe to unbeatable at this price.:wo:
Correct, but a little thanks has to go to lamborghini ;)

5 stars is impressive, they don't just give 5 stars out all the time.

Leadfoot
March 14th, 2007, 09:19
Correct, but a little thanks has to go to lamborghini ;)

5 stars is impressive, they don't just give 5 stars out all the time.

Do you not mean Audi, as it was them that developed the chassis at Quattro GmbH and provided the cash for Lamborghini to built the Gallardo.;)

March 14th, 2007, 09:57
Do you not mean Audi, as it was them that developed the chassis at Quattro GmbH and provided the cash for Lamborghini to built the Gallardo.;)
You know what I mean, yes big thinks to AUDI aka VW for purchasing Lambo and developing the chasis. ;)

Finnus
March 14th, 2007, 23:14
Gentlemen,

You seem to forget Audi's racing heritage and the sheer dominance of the LeMans circuit, here and abroad ...

Finnus

Leadfoot
March 14th, 2007, 23:24
Gentlemen,

You seem to forget Audi's racing heritage and the sheer dominance of the LeMans circuit, here and abroad ...

Finnus

No Finnus, not me but I do agree that some people have forgot that Audi have a better history in motorsport than certain other German manufacturers.:D

Benman
March 16th, 2007, 00:09
No Finnus, not me but I do agree that some people have forgot that Audi have a better history in motorsport than certain other German manufacturers.:D:applause: :applause:

Well, they claimed it was the "Ultimate Racing Machine". ;) :D

Leadfoot
March 16th, 2007, 00:47
:applause: :applause:

Well, they claimed it was the "Ultimate Racing Machine". ;) :D

Heck Ben, maybe they are.:rotflmao: