PDA

View Full Version : How often do you check tire pressure?

Charles DLF
March 12th, 2007, 22:50
Hello all,

Just a question to see how stupid i am, the other day i noticed one of my front tires on my A3 was a bit low on pressure, so decided to go to the gas station, and check all 4 tires, and boy have i been stupid. Got my car last may, have never checked tire pressure, and my front tires were down to 1.2 bars instead of the normal 2.1!!!!:w: :w: rears were doing better, still had to add some air, but not as bad as the fronts!!!

How often do you guys check your tires?

Anyway, this problem should be solved quite soon, as i got a call from the dealer today, my S6 avant just arrived this morning :wo: should be getting it sometime this week, so sad the A4 cab has to go, it was a great car:cry: :cry: Anyway the S6 has tire pressure checking system!! I JUST CANNOT WAIT!

Cheers everyone, happy motoring

Charles

Benman
March 13th, 2007, 15:29
How often? You mean, you're supposed to? ;)

Seriously, maybe once every other week, once a month worse case...

Ben:addict:

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 15:47
yeah i know you're supposed to do it every now and then... but how often do you REALLY check those tires??

Benman
March 13th, 2007, 15:49
yeah i know you're supposed to do it every now and then... but how often do you REALLY check those tires??

Uhmm... every couple of weeks, worse case once a month...

Charles DLF
March 13th, 2007, 16:00
sorry mate, misunderstood you on this one.

Cheers

JavierNuvolari
March 13th, 2007, 16:03
I check it once a month and every time before driving on a highway.

LU-RS6
March 13th, 2007, 16:03
I have the tire pressure check system so it only gets checked when I'm on for some mods or service. Or new pads so about every month at least :applause:

Benman
March 13th, 2007, 18:53
sorry mate, misunderstood you on this one.

Cheers
No worries. :cheers:

LU-RS6, LOL! A mod nearly every month!?!?! Haha, good for you!:cheers:

LU-RS6
March 13th, 2007, 18:54
LU-RS6, LOL! A mod nearly every month!?!?! Haha, good for you!:cheers:

I was hinting on the pads :applause:

Benman
March 13th, 2007, 19:04
I was hinting on the pads :applause::doh: :applause: :doh:

Skaala
March 13th, 2007, 19:28
once a month maybe... or every time I have a full car of baggage.

gjg
March 14th, 2007, 11:01
need to check more often in spring and fall when temps are changing ... use gas instead of air.

I have digital pressure gauge with "on-line" pressure/temp readout and ho/low pressure warning system (not like the stock POS) - makes life much easier. :idea:

Benman
March 14th, 2007, 16:25
need to check more often in spring and fall when temps are changing ... use gas instead of air.

A good idea for those of us blessed with Autobahn speeds. For those of us in the States... not so critical. ;) :D No, I'm not jealous, really. :D

gjg
March 14th, 2007, 22:07
Ben, it would help even w/o a-bahn. Try it out, I'm sure you'd have gas handy ....

Steve just got new P-Zero Rosso four rs6, managed 24k km on previous set, worn straight out, using gas. And he is moderate driver compared to me (I know you'd say that anyway :jlol: )

Benman
March 14th, 2007, 22:40
Try it out, I'm sure you'd have gas handy ....

Only the kind my wife complains about.