PDA

View Full Version : Geneva Debut: Audi Q5.

Iceman
February 17th, 2007, 12:11
Corridor chads revealed a possible Audi Q5 debut on the 77th international motor show Geneva.
It's not clear if it will be a Concept or the production version of the car.

More about the Q5: here. (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11071)

Hans.

roadrunner
February 18th, 2007, 00:09
I doubt the production version part of this rumor. How should they have road tested the final version of the Q5 without anyone noticing a thing. The pictures you are referring to are clearly test mules with Q5 underbonet but you have to test the real thing too :vhmmm: (see A5 spy pics).

I would be more than glad to see the Q5 study in geneva, as the last Audi studies where very close to the final product :thumb:

A view more days and we will find out.

Greeting
seb.

Iceman
February 18th, 2007, 09:34
I doubt the production version part of this rumor. How should they have road tested the final version of the Q5 without anyone noticing a thing. The pictures you are referring to are clearly test mules with Q5 underbonet but you have to test the real thing too :vhmmm: (see A5 spy pics).

I would be more than glad to see the Q5 study in geneva, as the last Audi studies where very close to the final product :thumb:

A view more days and we will find out.

Greeting
seb.
The Audi's A4, A5 and Q5 are all based on the same MLP. (B8 Platform if you like)
There for Audi have plenty of time to test it.
And it make no difference what bodyshell is on it.
With all the A4/A5 testing Audi can simple put on the Q5 bodyshell and put it in production.

Hans.

Leadfoot
February 18th, 2007, 09:46
Has anyone had the thought that instead of the Q5 being shown at the show it might be the A4, it launch it after all before that of the Q5 being slotted in for spring'08 while the Q5 is at least summer'08. What about showing the A4 in Geneva and instead of a spring'08 launch it could be brought forward by half a year.

Iceman
February 18th, 2007, 10:08
Has anyone had the thought that instead of the Q5 being shown at the show it might be the A4, it launch it after all before that of the Q5 being slotted in for spring'08 while the Q5 is at least summer'08. What about showing the A4 in Geneva and instead of a spring'08 launch it could be brought forward by half a year.
No, the new A4 debut is planned for the IAA Frankfurt in September 2007.
But the question is what Audi mean by world debut.
If they call a engine upgrade like a RS6 a world debut or call they a totally new car a world debut.

Hans.

Leadfoot
February 18th, 2007, 11:05
Well Hans, that's what I mean. Could the A4 release be brought to Frankfurt, think about it for a minute, German Motorshow what better time to show the A4 and release it at the same time to the public.

I think we will only know for sure when the Geneva show opens and what Audi will show.

Iceman
February 18th, 2007, 11:17
Well Hans, that's what I mean. Could the A4 release be brought to Frankfurt, think about it for a minute, German Motorshow what better time to show the A4 and release it at the same time to the public.

I think we will only know for sure when the Geneva show opens and what Audi will show.
There for i say Audi A5 Coupe' and Audi Q5 @ Geneva and maybe the RS6 too.

Hans.

Gallardo
February 21st, 2007, 21:31
Hans,

do you still believe in Q5 in Geneva, since we all saw the rather disappointing pics of the A5/S5?

Audi only anounced two world premieres at Geneva... Too bad, I'm really looking forward towards the small Q7... :incar:

Cheers

Iceman
February 21st, 2007, 21:47
Hans,

do you still believe in Q5 in Geneva, since we all saw the rather disappointing pics of the A5/S5?

Audi only anounced two world premieres at Geneva... Too bad, I'm really looking forward towards the small Q7... :incar:

Cheers
I don't see the A5/S5 as two Premieres, it's one car two versions.
Q5 is still in the cards IMHO.

Hans.

ültje1
February 26th, 2007, 17:01
maybe the S TT ?????????????????????????????????? :ttaddict:

mfg
www.alex-poellinger.de

chewym
March 9th, 2007, 07:00
Well we will have to wait longer. Maybe a concept version @ the New York Auto Show in April? That is the next big auto show.