PDA

View Full Version : Checked out the Audi Forum in NYC.....

got boost
February 12th, 2007, 17:31
After reading about the Forum and checking it out on the Audi's website http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/NYC_Forum.html I figured I'd check it out.

Very nice place! The models on the floor included an A8L, A3 S-line, RS4, Q7 and A6 S-line. Sorry, no pics:doh: Anyway, I was surprised not to see an R8. I have not been able to make it to any autoshows lately and was hoping to catch a glimpse of one. The staff on site at the time were not extremely knowledgeable, and were actually very easy to "stump" with questions. I began with questions about touring the factory and museums over in Ingolstadt and how to rent an Audi during a visit abroad, without success. Then I tried for some info on the possible 5.2 R8 with no luck. Then I tried questions that I new the answers to (e.g. difference between A8 and S8) and was given a brouchure:noshake: . Nobody knew anything about an RS6 (even the C5:doh: ). I realize that those of us here on this website are typically more knowledgeable about Audi than the average person but I would expect Audi to provide staff that is highly knowledgeable in the "brand" as a whole to represent a venue such as this. Not to totally discount the staff there, they were very professional and the place was spotless and I'm sure the information that I was unable to gather will be provided to me in the near future. Would I go back? Yes, I would love to attend an event there and be able to talk to true Audi enthusiasts. And by the way, there is a "bar" there, dont look for a cocktail unless there is an event because otherwise its only coffee and cookies.

3abdo
February 13th, 2007, 02:56
yep, i do agree that many users of this forum has a very vast car knwloedge, not just audi but prety much anything that has 4 wheels, this is one of the best car forums.

nene
February 13th, 2007, 04:17
The R8 was in the NY showroom a few months back. I was actually in NYC when the car was there. And yes...I did take pix!!!