:hihi:

Guess the winner...

!!! Q7 !!!

http://www.autozeitung.de/online/render.php?render=0041403

darkart
January 30th, 2007, 08:02
Guess the winner...

!!! Q7 !!!

ou yes! and it has 50 point advantage! Audi is nomber 1!

Toto89
January 30th, 2007, 18:26
I have to tell you that unfortunatelly the BMW X5 is the winner in this test according to Auto Zeitung.I think it's nonsense, but this is what they claim.
You probably read only the first page, but i have that magazine and remembered that the Q7 was only 2, so i clicked to the 6th page, where they show the final result:'1:X5 3314, 2:Q7 3298, 3:ML 3192.
I completely disagree with this:w:

Benman
January 30th, 2007, 20:30
Well, since most auto "journalists" seem to favor BMW as it is, it makes sense they'd pick the newest BMW over its competitors... Ah well, we know which is best. ;)

Ben:addict:

darkart
January 31st, 2007, 07:56
I think the auto "journalists" always choose the newest car in every test! this test is a proof!

Leadfoot
February 1st, 2007, 21:25
Ben, my situation has change a little and now instead of a TT-S it's to be a Q7 3.0TDi S-Line for me. :vgrumpy:

And NO there is no other wee Leadies on the way, three is quite enough for me. One of my sons has started basketball and as his disabled and in a wheelchair we need a bit more boot space for the two chairs.

Anyway, what colour would you or the gang recommend, as for me I reckon Daytona Grey or Lava Grey which Grey wood trim. I'm not so sure that the rear camera system is really required as the beepers work just fine, though I do see at use for the electric boot open/closer.

As this will be my car as the wife has just changed, I will change her to this next year and change her car to something I will really want, hopefully the S5 will be out by that time or maybe TT-RS.:hihi:

AndyBG
February 2nd, 2007, 15:34
S-line package is MUST HAVE for the Q7, any paint is good with S-line.

White coloured S-line Q7 is looking very good to me.

tazsura
February 2nd, 2007, 16:44
The greys or the phantom black are the best colours IMO Leadie. Especially in the S-line. Very nice. Shame about the TT...but at least you keeping it Audi...!:race:

The rear camera is not as much of a gimmick as you might think, but I don't know how much the option is....very high?

Taz :cheers:

Duma
February 2nd, 2007, 19:31
Q7 rulz !!!!

Leadfoot
February 2nd, 2007, 19:37
Will be getting a test drive in the new X5 very soon so I hope to report of what it's like compared to the Q7. I don't doubt the Beemer will be extremely good to drive as they all are but reckon it will be missing that something special that always seem to be present in Audis.

Taz, the rear camera system is a £650 extra. Expensive when a beeper does to same thing for £275 and show to proximity of objects on the display in the centre consule.

Benman
February 5th, 2007, 23:06
Ben, my situation has change a little and now instead of a TT-S it's to be a Q7 3.0TDi S-Line for me. :vgrumpy:

Sorry to hear things have come up. Yes, three kids are a fair amount, but then, gypsies, welfare recipients, and illegal immigrants in general usually have double that, so nothing special there. :)

Yes, get the Daytona Grey Sline, can't go wrong. :cheers:

Leadfoot
February 7th, 2007, 18:45
Sorry to hear things have come up. Yes, three kids are a fair amount, but then, gypsies, welfare recipients, and illegal immigrants in general usually have double that, so nothing special there. :)

Yes, get the Daytona Grey Sline, can't go wrong. :cheers:

I did expect you to recommend Daytona Grey and S-Line, as it was you own ideal choice, by the way it is mine as well. I did thing of the your alternative to the Q7, that General Motors thingy but it's only available in lhd.:wo: lucky me.

When I do get it, I will post pictures just to show you what you are missing. Oh by the way, you can chip the 3.0TDi and get 275-280hp no trouble at all. That will shock the odd hot hatch.:hihi:

Benman
February 7th, 2007, 19:23
When I do get it, I will post pictures just to show you what you are missing...

I already know what I'm missing ;) as this Q7 was mine...

Yeah, if you can only get the Denali in LHD, then don't even bother, although, you do know that is the correct way to drive. ;) :D

And yes, the MTM chip is what gjg is getting for his 3.0TDI, brilliant. I'm looking forward to the ride when I go see him later this year.:thumb:

gjg
February 10th, 2007, 01:45
Ben, got the dates yet? I'm back from skiing and hope to get mtm on q by end of this month. So far I racked up 12k km on it in less than 3 months ...

Will report once flash is done :deal:

Benman
February 10th, 2007, 02:30
Ben, got the dates yet?

None yet. I'm waiting to see how baby's maiden plane voyage goes up to Boise in two months before I commit to 15 hours (each way) on planes and airports. ;) Will know more then. :cheers:

Leadfoot
February 10th, 2007, 15:15
Ben, got the dates yet? I'm back from skiing and hope to get mtm on q by end of this month. So far I racked up 12k km on it in less than 3 months ...

Will report once flash is done :deal:

gig,

What has MTM said about the performance and economy increase from their chip?

gjg
February 10th, 2007, 21:11
claim (http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=3&FZID=Q7TDI171&Kitnum=M-0Q7233285QX) is higher consuption by 0.5 l but I would guess this will be largely depending on your foot position - Q will go as low as about 8 l/100 km very light foot out of town driving and as high as 20+ l/100 km running 210 km/h steady in hilly terrain autobahn with 940+ kg load in it .... :wo:

I average long term approx. 11 l/100 km with my driving (Ben, no comments please) and fact that I do routinely drive over some low moutains (700 m) back and forth and some autobahn (approx. 25% of total km). I was able to do the same trip with 8.1 l/100 km average but I almost fell a sleep :D and with 16.2 l/100 km ... no sleepin this time

I will try to get the flash next weekend as MTM has local dealer in Karslbad and I'm there Saturday. If that goes well I post the difference. I'd suspect that light foot reasonable (read speed limit somewhat observed) driving will net slightly better mileage.

One other point - Shell V-Power diesel seems to help with performance and does contribute to improved fuel consuption. The difference I logged on repeated trips was about 2 l/100km .....

so.... :cheers:

<TABLE cellPadding=2 width=570><TBODY><TR><TD class=first_td align=left>Criteria</TD><TD class=second_td align=middle>mtm</TD><TD class=third_td align=middle>Series</TD></TR><TR><TD class=color_td width=190>max. performance kW/Umin</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>210/3800</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>171 / 4000</TD></TR><TR><TD class=white_td width=190>max. torque Nm/Umin</TD><TD class=white_td width=190>550/2100</TD><TD class=white_td width=190>500 / 1750-2750</TD></TR><TR><TD class=color_td width=190>v-max</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>215 km/h</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>210 km/h</TD></TR><TR><TD class=white_td width=190>0-100 km/h</TD><TD class=white_td width=190>8,7 s</TD><TD class=white_td width=190>9,1 s</TD></TR><TR><TD class=color_td width=190>consumption</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>11,0 l</TD><TD class=color_td width=190>10,5 l</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leadfoot
February 10th, 2007, 22:01
Just thought I would post what Superchips reckon they will achieve with their chip.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/models.php

and this is the graph showing the difference.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/a83lv6tdi.pdf

That's 281hp and 611Nm of torque.:wo:

Benman
February 12th, 2007, 17:38
I average long term approx. 11 l/100 km with my driving (Ben, no comments please)

What... what's wrong with your driving? ;) :D

Leadfoot
February 12th, 2007, 21:25
Ben,

I ended up choosing Quartz Grey instead of Daytona, I know your favourite Audi colour is Daytona but for me after seeing both on a S-Line Q7 it's the lighter grey which shows off the grill better.

Benman
February 13th, 2007, 17:22
Ben,

I ended up choosing Quartz Grey instead of Daytona...

Quartz Grey is easier to keep clean, so good for you!:cheers:

YlwBeast
February 13th, 2007, 20:04
I already know what I'm missing ;) as this Q7 was mine...

Yeah, if you can only get the Denali in LHD, then don't even bother, although, you do know that is the correct way to drive. ;) :D

And yes, the MTM chip is what gjg is getting for his 3.0TDI, brilliant. I'm looking forward to the ride when I go see him later this year.:thumb:

Benman...been reading your various threads for a while and I truly empathize. Sometimes we do what we have to...I too agree that the ultimate will be the 4.2tdi, until then, I must confess...got rid of the Yellow Beast. Yes the one that lots of people (on this forum) frowned on for being IMOLA! Yes, the RS6 Yellow Beast is no more...instead it will be replaced with a Q7 4.2 S-Line, Daytona Gray, Alcantara headliner, Side Assist, Air Suspension and 21" wheels. Chose the Air suspension as I have afew upgrades to be done b4 I take delivery. (Lowering control module and Mov-It big-brake kit (f/r)...of course in Imola!!! Nene, you should love this!
Will post pics as soon as I get the vehicle...

Benman
February 13th, 2007, 21:33
Yes, the RS6 Yellow Beast is no more...instead it will be replaced with a Q7 4.2 S-Line, Daytona Gray, Alcantara headliner, Side Assist, Air Suspension and 21" wheels.

Will post pics as soon as I get the vehicle...

Ahh... excellent combo! Please post pics as soon as you're able to, that is going to look :0: :love2:

gjg
February 13th, 2007, 22:02
congrats on Q - package looks goooood ...

coincidentally I visited my friendly dealership - they will start taking orders for 4.2 tdi week 10, as of last night there was no official price info, options or anything else, expected delivery at the moment ("eastern" EU) about 8 months. It looks like Germans will get first deliveries though ... which sucks because my dealer is approximately 15 miles from the factory !

V12 should be orderable sometimes in 2008.:doh:

btw there is retrofit iPod kit which will allow full control of iPod via MMI, however cost is about $1k and you will loose CD changer (at least that's what they said ...)

Leadfoot
February 13th, 2007, 22:47
Quartz Grey is easier to keep clean, so good for you!:cheers:

I know, the dealer loaned me a Quartz Grey S-Line for the weekend and it didn't look bad at all when I returned it and remember that S-Line Q7's don't have mud flaps.

Leadfoot
February 14th, 2007, 21:22
The Superchips chip for the Q7 3.0TDi seems to put out the same power and torque as the ABT one, is it possibly the same reprogram?

Also does anyone know the performance difference to this model when the reprogram is completed?

roadrunner
February 15th, 2007, 09:48
...expected delivery at the moment ("eastern" EU) about 8 months. It looks like Germans will get first deliveries though ... which sucks because my dealer is approximately 15 miles from the factory !...

You could detour one on the way out of the Bratislava plant and send a check to Audi with a small premium for immediate delivery. :hihi:

Greetings
seb.

gjg
February 15th, 2007, 10:54
yep, I could, however you'd need heavy artillery fire to get in .... See the factory every time I drive down there - clearly visible from the highway.

R U in Vienna?

roadrunner
February 15th, 2007, 11:21
yep, I could, however you'd need heavy artillery fire to get in .... See the factory every time I drive down there - clearly visible from the highway.

R U in Vienna?

Work in Vienna, live south of it.

Do you know if there are any factory tours in Bratislava like in Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm?

gjg
February 15th, 2007, 18:20
I will find out about the tour, give me few days

Lateknight
February 15th, 2007, 20:55
Audi will 'upgrade' the 3.0 tdi with 240hp as of September this year. The 232hp engine will cease production in that month.
Just in case this might affect anyones purchasing decision. (3.5% power increase - wow!)

roadrunner
February 16th, 2007, 09:41
I will find out about the tour, give me few days

no hurry - i will be busy in the comming weeks with a new potential Audi dirver around the corner ;)