PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

Benman
January 10th, 2007, 16:15
Wow...

Anyone else see yesterday's unveiling of Steve Job's iPhone?

Incredible stuff.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Check out the Phone and Internet demos!

Ben:addict:

tazsura
January 10th, 2007, 16:37
I'll wait for the inevitable iPhone nano and the mini iPhone! ;)

Taz

Charles DLF
January 10th, 2007, 16:37
Wow...

Anyone else see yesterday's unveiling of Steve Job's iPhone?

Incredible stuff.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Check out the Phone and Internet demos!

:wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo: :wo:

NO WORDS!!!! Apple fan & Audi fan!

Benman
January 10th, 2007, 18:42

Taz

Yes, but that BIG screen!:wo:

Charles DLF
January 10th, 2007, 21:55

Taz

Just you wait for it come... i feel apple is, just like it did with the ipod, hitting just were it should! :love: I am thrilled :bow:

The only thing i am worried about is the battery... how long will it hold?... Just we wait and see, BTW you lucky american bastards are getting it first...

tazsura
January 10th, 2007, 22:30
Yes, but that BIG screen!:wo:

Yeh, your right Ben :0:

I'll be a sucker and do exactly what I did with iPod and buy every bloody version they bring out...

...serves us right for being slaves to technology I suppose! I think the estimated price in the UK is going to be around £300 i think. Ouch.:MTM:

Taz

Benman
January 10th, 2007, 23:29
...serves us right for being slaves to technology I suppose! I think the estimated price in the UK is going to be around £300 i think. Ouch.:MTM:

Taz

Slaves? I still have yet to buy an iPod... :applause: This will be my first official Apple product (I know, I know... what took me so long...).

£300 sounds about right as the top notch one here in the US will be $600.00USD.

LU-RS6
January 11th, 2007, 02:51
I bought my wife an ipod video, see if she likes it.. don't wanna waste my valuable time learning to use technology only to discover it's crap. So I'll await her opinion in a few weeks :jlol:

That iphone really looks :0:

link with pictures and comment from macworld..

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/live-from-macworld-2007-steve-jobs-keynote/

Best regards
LU-RS6

jasaretta
January 11th, 2007, 04:45
oh baby...I am all over the iPhone! Love it!

DetailersDomain
January 12th, 2007, 11:29
Once it becomes a bit cheaper I think everyone will have this phone as well if they get it to 3 g which will happen eventually.

I just pre-ordered the Apple TV. Can't wait.

Benman
January 12th, 2007, 15:25
as well if they get it to 3 g which will happen eventually.

3 or did you mean 30g? It already has 4 or 8g flash memory.

nene
January 12th, 2007, 16:16
You can check the video of the features online:

Video here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk)

Benman
January 12th, 2007, 16:27
You can check the video of the features online:

Video here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YgW7or1TuFk)

Yes, it's just incredible...

The internet "zoom" feature, landscape to verticle feature, the super cool visual voicemail (why the heck did no one else every think of this?!?), etc, etc, etc... it just goes on and on... what a really fantastic product.

I'm super late to the Apple badwagon, but I'm finally on board with this product!

Klint
January 12th, 2007, 21:58
Apple are being sued due to the iPhone, not sure on specifics as ionly read the headline.

Benman
January 12th, 2007, 22:07
Apple are being sued due to the iPhone, not sure on specifics as ionly read the headline.

Yeah, read about that... pretty sad actually, Apple researched the name extensively and found that CISCO owned it. Seems CISCO (after Apple invented iPod back in 01') thought it would be a fantastic idea to copyright everything it could think of that started with "i", hence, iPhone, iCell, iTV, etc... were all owned by CISCO. Problem is, CISCO never had a lick of interest in actually developing a product that uses the name (iPhone is an exception since CISCO came out with a "IPHONE", I for internet, and then let the product tank...).

Apple found out they owned the name and said they wanted the name no matter what the cost. As time came closer to unveiling the iPhone, CISCO withdrew previous offers saying that now Apple could not have the name... funny that.

Shame on CISCO for being name whores... Maybe I should copyright "Benman" so I can run around the internet sueing everyone who "dares" use that username... :rolleyes: What a joke.

Toto89
January 13th, 2007, 19:45
Well, it's a cool stuff but I'm wating for the Nokia N95...that will be the king in this category in my opinion.;)

3abdo
January 13th, 2007, 20:02
they are not going to stop, just creating something after another all baised on the i pod, i think they are going a litle too far

Lateknight
January 13th, 2007, 22:23
Once it becomes a bit cheaper I think everyone will have this phone as well if they get it to 3 g which will happen eventually.

I just pre-ordered the Apple TV. Can't wait.

Can you pre-order an Apple Car yet? :harass:

Would be powered by Steve Jobs sense of self-satisfaction.

Leadfoot
January 14th, 2007, 00:17
This name business might not cost Apple as much as you think. There has been cases of one party owning the rights to a name that are synominous with another company and the courts have rule in their favour based on the fact that the other party were not using it. The same might happen in this case.

Benman
January 15th, 2007, 16:34
The same might happen in this case.

That is what Apple is hoping at this point. They had already settled years back on a price (Millions...), but that was before CISCO saw how good the iPhone was! Once they saw how revolutionary the product really is, they "changed their tune" and went straight for the lawsuit.

I know others have mentioned things like the Nokia N95, but at 21mm thick, it is bulkier than the iPhone, at 3g, doesn't have the memory of the iPhone, and I'm wondering if it has the zoom features of the iPhone. And... @ $800.00, it is $200.00 more than the iPhone 8G? One thing it does trumph the iPhone in, is cameras. iPhone 3megapixel, Nokia:5! But come one, 3 mega pixels is pretty sufficient for a "camera phone".

For me, the iPhone is :king:

BBGT2
January 15th, 2007, 23:45
Very nice phone and I will probably get one. Wonder if it works with the Audi MMI BT system. My Treo 650 does, well kinda sorta works.

Benman
January 16th, 2007, 00:59
Very nice phone and I will probably get one. Wonder if it works with the Audi MMI BT system...

Good question... we'll find out soon enough... ;)

borispmchan
January 21st, 2007, 10:36
a cool gadget, but the problem is the battery life and the SLOW wireless internet connection, which is 2.5 G only. Luckily, it's got a bravo appearance. Buy for its design, but not the functionability.