PDA

View Full Version : S / Rs Audis In Europe : Unite!

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 16:12
In order to prevent further crossposting this will be the continuation of the following threads:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10751
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10685

Current planning for the trip:

time idea somewhere between end of April and end of June

DAY 0 (Friday)
Arrival at Nurburgring

DAY 1 (Saturday)
** morning laps at Nurburgring till noon
** Drive to Frankfurt
** Frankfurt to Karlsruhe
** Karlsruhe to Basel
** Stay at hotel/.. to be agreed upon. Party?

DAY 2 (Sunday)
** Basel to Konstanz via Zürich
** Konstanz to .. ?

Participators

LU-RS6
driving RS6 Avant

Audiline
driving RS6 Avant

bbigman2000
driving RS6 (coming from Scotland so we need to convince him!)

jonas21
driving RS6

Fab
driving 2 x RS4

MR USER
driving RS4

All suggestions welcome, all participators with a car that can follow are welcome :dig:

Best regards
Lu-RS6

Erik
January 3rd, 2007, 17:25
I will help as much as possible, but I can't say at this point if I can join or not.

However if you like to visit quattro GmbH, RUF Automobile, Novitec Rosso, MTM, Hohenester, Gumpert Apollo etc. I will do what I can to help setup the best meeting you can have.

Just let me know.

Mori
January 3rd, 2007, 17:49
If you can squeeze in a tour of Quattro GMBH then I should be in with my :rs4kiss: pending any work that might come up.

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 18:01
Erik, thanks very much, that is most kind of you :bow:
Which places would you advise to visit? I will then make google earth placemarks in order to be able to see what places can be included.

Thanks,

Best regards
LU-RS6

Audi RS4
January 3rd, 2007, 18:09
Nice, wish I had an RS :(

But maybe I could drive one of Fab's ? :trash:

roadrunner
January 3rd, 2007, 18:23
Sounds very promising - have to figure out a way to get a car (Audi) for this trip that can somehow follow you. :incar:

Otherwise - the closer towards june - the better for me.

Would love to visit quattro GmbH, MTM, RUF

Grettings :cheers:
seb.

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 18:25
Your Touareg would make the perfect support vehicle :0:

No, more serious, if it were a race you'd outrun us all as S/RS drivers need to fuel up every 300 km,and you'd be laughing at us at the finish with your 100lit fuel tank :lovl:

Audi RS4
January 3rd, 2007, 19:33
Your Touareg would make the perfect support vehicle :0:

No, more serious, if it were a race you'd outrun us all as S/RS drivers need to fuel up every 300 km,and you'd be laughing at us at the finish with your 100lit fuel tank :lovl:

Haha! I didn't think about that one :D
Then i'll just take the Touareg :P

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 16:03
Ok help me out guys I have changed the route a bit and am kind of stuck in Stuttgart now:

DAY 0

Arrival of all participators at Adenau / Nurburgring

DAY 1

Morninglaps at Nurburgring

**Adenau /Nurburgring
A48
A62
**Pirmasens
B10
**Landau
A65
**Karlsruhe
A5
**Basel
Party + Hotel?

DAY 2

**Basel
**Zürich
**Konstanz
A81
**Stuttgart

?? From Stuttgart to Karlsruhe or to Heilbronn I feel there are too much tempolimits. Any other suggestions or even radical route changes?

Erik, we would be very near Quattro Gmbh and Ruf automobile isn't very far away from Stuttgart neither. Do you think there would a possibility to visit them and what can we expect?

Thanks for yr efforts,

Best regards
LU-RS6

Webbah
January 16th, 2007, 16:49
I Am In!!!!!

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 16:57
Webbah,

Stuttgart -> Isle of Man? :D:D

Anyway will be a pleasure to have you join!

Best regards
LU-RS6

Erik
January 16th, 2007, 18:16
Ruf automobile isn't very far away from Stuttgart neither. Do you think there would a possibility to visit them and what can we expect?

It isn't close either. :brag:

I can arrange a visit if you tell me the time and the date, participants etc.

Webbah
January 16th, 2007, 18:24
How far is MTM from where we will be? That would be a cool place to check out too!

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 18:30
If I'm correct that's more direction of Munich. But hey, in case the A9 Munich - Berlin should be driven I am the last person to object. That piece of Autobahn is famous, 3 lanes about 530km long.

Webbah, feel free to give your idea about a different route, mine is just a rough idea. I am checking out all strechtes of Autobahn via http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/ (click "Strecken" in topleft of menu, you will have to check the "Legende" first to understand)

We can also just drive and connect MTM, Hohenester, RUF, Quattro Gmbh and make that the tour.

Best regards
LU-RS6

Erik
January 16th, 2007, 19:56
MTM and Hohenester are in or close to Ingolstadt.

Where there is also a great Audi Forum.

Too many things, too little time.

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 21:23
Well, if you guys are up for it:

Adenau - Pirmasens (200km)
Pirmasens - Landau - Kalrsruhe (100 km)
Karlsruhe - Basel (200km)
Basel - Zürich (85km)
Zürich - Konstanz (70km)
Konstanz - München (225km)
München - Ingolstadt (80km)

That's only about a 1000 km :hihi:. We could easily drive on to Berlin and return to Adenau, what do you think? :D

Best regards
LU-RS6 :race:

HK-Steve
March 20th, 2007, 16:28
Hey Guy's,
Is a S4 2.7T able to join in on the fun??

I am located just outside Zurich, near Horgen.
I also have Vag-Com if anyone want to look at any data, do some logging etc.
Plus will bring my Hi-Def video camera and mount also.

Would be great to get a ride in an RS6, as this is what I am upgrading to in the future,

Cheers
Steve

LU-RS6
March 22nd, 2007, 01:45
Hey Guy's,
Is a S4 2.7T able to join in on the fun??

I am located just outside Zurich, near Horgen.
I also have Vag-Com if anyone want to look at any data, do some logging etc.
Plus will bring my Hi-Def video camera and mount also.

Would be great to get a ride in an RS6, as this is what I am upgrading to in the future,

Cheers
Steve

Ofcourse you would be most welcome.

HK-Steve
March 22nd, 2007, 11:09
Cool, Look forward to more details as it gets closer.

Plus ride in your car :addict:

Cheers
Steve

Charles DLF
March 22nd, 2007, 11:35
What are the dates? Breaking in the S6 will be done by then, and it could be a blast to drive it a the ring. I hope i can make it,

Not quite sure yet, but if the dates match, count me in, S6 V10 avant!!

LU-RS6
March 22nd, 2007, 14:59
I was thinking weekend 5-6-7 May or weekend 2-3-4 June ?

Charles DLF
March 29th, 2007, 09:41
May will not do it for me as a family engagements for that week end, so i'd be more likely to join in june. What are other boardmembers up for. Thanks LU for taking time to organise.

Cheers all

Charles

LU-RS6
March 29th, 2007, 10:20
Allright, I just checked Nurburgring opening times, and seem they are closed on 2.3.4 June.

I suggest we move the dates to 15- 16-17-18 June so we can also enjoy the Ring.

But still we need opinions here regarding the route!
Shall we keep the route in Germany only? Should we hit the Alps and cross to Italy for a really big trip? Should we go to the Isle of Man instead? :harass:
I have no idea what you guys are ready to take on..

Anyway, let's already quote and unquote so we know who's participating...

Joining the S/RS United tour
weekend 15-16-17-18 June

LU-RS6 (RS6 Avant)

Charles DLF
March 29th, 2007, 16:03
Joining the S/RS United tour
weekend 15-16-17-18 June

LU-RS6 (RS6 Avant)
Charles DLF (S6 Avant) (will be leaving on the 17th to be in Paris on the 18th)

Mori
March 29th, 2007, 21:30
I am still unsure due to work.

LU-RS6
March 30th, 2007, 03:54
I am still unsure due to work.

Hey you have to know your priorities here :hihi:

Charles DLF
March 30th, 2007, 09:49
LU it might look like you and i are going to have a little love affair together... :hahahehe: :rotflmao:

LU-RS6
March 30th, 2007, 21:14
LU it might look like you and i are going to have a little love affair together... :hahahehe: :rotflmao:

RS6 and S6 endurance comparison :applause::applause:

+44 Dave
April 5th, 2007, 21:38
Hey LU. This trip sounds bloody awesome and my RS6 + Avant hasnt been outside the UK so a trip is due ! I noticed you had a driver due to come down from scotland. If he was still coming i could meet up with him on his way and cross the channel with him and then we could both meet up with the rest of the gang somewhere in northern germany. If he has an RS6 avant and i have my plus there would be some perfect oppertuneties for plus vs stock comparisons !
I'm very interested !
Regards Dave

PS ( imagine 10 - 20 RS4&6 cars showwing up at Nurburgring car lot ! )

LU-RS6
April 5th, 2007, 23:50
Hey LU. This trip sounds bloody awesome and my RS6 + Avant hasnt been outside the UK so a trip is due ! I noticed you had a driver due to come down from scotland. If he was still coming i could meet up with him on his way and cross the channel with him and then we could both meet up with the rest of the gang somewhere in northern germany. If he has an RS6 avant and i have my plus there would be some perfect oppertuneties for plus vs stock comparisons !
I'm very interested !
Regards Dave

PS ( imagine 10 - 20 RS4&6 cars showwing up at Nurburgring car lot ! )

Dave your post is making me drewl :love::love::love:

I doubt whether bbigman is still coming because if I remember well I think he has sold the beast. :cry:

But still, you should come over. Would be awesome to have you on the trip. Are the dates 15-18 June (approximately) suitable for you?
In return I'd love to visit Scotland sometime and go to IOM also.

+44 Dave
April 6th, 2007, 13:38
Dave your post is making me drewl :love::love::love:

I doubt whether bbigman is still coming because if I remember well I think he has sold the beast. :cry:

But still, you should come over. Would be awesome to have you on the trip. Are the dates 15-18 June (approximately) suitable for you?
In return I'd love to visit Scotland sometime and go to IOM also.

Well i used to live in Scotland actually, so i do know scotland well and i do know some very good roads. The type of roads where your thankful for Quattro ! I've never been to the Isle of Mann before but i hear its unrestricted for speed limits. I know alot of British motoring shows and magazines take cars there to test drive. Sounds wonderful if a bit small !

As to the trip to Germany i might be able to make it alone, We'd have to arrange a meeting point somewhere. I'm a bit less keen now bbigman isnt in but its still possible i could make it. How are the plans for the trip coming ? Do you have like a summary of where we'll be driving on which dates ?
Thanks Dave

LU-RS6
April 6th, 2007, 13:54
Well i used to live in Scotland actually, so i do know scotland well and i do know some very good roads. The type of roads where your thankful for Quattro ! I've never been to the Isle of Mann before but i hear its unrestricted for speed limits. I know alot of British motoring shows and magazines take cars there to test drive. Sounds wonderful if a bit small !

As to the trip to Germany i might be able to make it alone, We'd have to arrange a meeting point somewhere. I'm a bit less keen now bbigman isnt in but its still possible i could make it. How are the plans for the trip coming ? Do you have like a summary of where we'll be driving on which dates ?
Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

Basically we will be meeting at the Nurburgring. From there on we will take you to some of the best Autobahn stretches in Germany, and a few country roads.
I am now doubting to hit the north of Germany.
A nice route would be

Nurburging - Emden - Berlin - München and back.

But it's quite a drive, I'm guessing it will easily be about 2.500 km :applause::applause: . But loads of unrestricted Autobahn, so that's good :hihi: