PDA

View Full Version : benman.... you guys get your q7 yet?

RXBG
December 20th, 2006, 19:30
i don't know why but i can't find a post on it.....

tazsura
December 21st, 2006, 11:25
RXBG,

I think if i remember correctly, the Audi guys mucked up his order...and when his Q7 arrived it had the 6 seats and not the 7 seats as ordered.

All of Bens power of persuasion was not enough, as his wife chose the Denali instead!

Taz

RXBG
December 21st, 2006, 14:43
oooh. that sucks. a denali. ouch.........

Benman
December 21st, 2006, 17:46
RXBG,

For the whole story, read this thread: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10347.

We went the Denali route and to be honest, I'm very glad I did. The Q7 will always be a vehicle I like, but it just didn't work out. I'm a glass is half full kinda guy so I tend to look at the bright side.

Denali Pros:

Better ride quality
Bigger interior
More hp & lb/ft
Higher towing capacity (very important for our racecar as the trailer, car, and all gear was right at the Q7's limit).
Better turning radious. Again, important for towing and around town soccermom stuff.
More kid stuff like entertainment system not available on Q7.
Cheaper fuel costs same fuel economy as Q7 but requires only regular unleaded vs premium in the Q7.
and the main benefit:
$15K cheaper! :D

Downsides include cheaper plastics (but really not by that much) and no adaptive headlights, cruise control, suspension... but again, this is liveable.

Had the dealer ordered the correct configuration, the wifey would be cruising in the Q7 as we speak (and loving it), but it just didn't work out. As it is, the Denali is great (and the wife is loving IT). I actually enjoy driving it. I've owned 4 American vehicles in the past, and all felt like it. The all new 07' Denali is a Caddy without all the crap bling (and without the added $12-$15K pricetag ;) ) and nothing like the American cars I've owned in the past. It is a fantastic deal. So the moral? All's well that end's well. :cheers:

Oh... and the Denali was my idea.

Ben:addict:

RXBG
December 23rd, 2006, 21:47
gotcha. seems like all is well that ends well. when we have children i have been considering something like a base H3 with no options so that they can destroy it and i can dump it when they get old enough to know better......

Leadfoot
December 23rd, 2006, 22:07
http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2007/GMC/20089854-396x249.jpg
Oh Ben how could you. Are you changing your name to Puff Daddy.

WORD:dig:

Skaala
December 23rd, 2006, 22:52
I'm still a happy camper:hihi:

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10702

Benman
December 26th, 2006, 17:16
Skaala,

Yes, I know you are happy. I believe my exact reply was: Many congrats! She's beautiful, enjoy!

Leadfoot, that is not even my vehicle, I own a Denali. You have a picture of an Envoy... totally different animal.

And since when did Audi owners start becoming like a$$ hole BMW drivers who snub their noses to anything that isn't "good enough", hmm???

Relax gents, I am not saying the Denali is better than the Q7, but I can see why some US drivers think that Euro drivers are snobs, cause some of the comments here would suggest such.

And yes, all is well that ends well. :cheers:

Hope I wasn't too harsh on your "snobby" hide leadfoot, LOL! ;) :D :cheers:

RXBG
December 26th, 2006, 18:03
i can't help it. audi spoils me with their interiors and design quality. (and i am willing to pay for it of course). ;)

Leadfoot
December 28th, 2006, 11:04
Leadfoot, that is not even my vehicle, I own a Denali. You have a picture of an Envoy... totally different animal.
Hope I wasn't too harsh on your "snobby" hide leadfoot, LOL! ;) :D :cheers:

Sorry Ben,

Not being American pulled the image from a Google image search and this is what came up. I thought it was the right car, please post a picture so I can comment on the right one.:thumb:

By the way I still feel you would look good with all the Puff Daddy gear on.:lovl:

Is this it.
http://www.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/gmc-yokun.jpg

tazsura
December 28th, 2006, 14:29
I think this is it Leadie...

http://www.gmc.com/yukon/yukon/photos360.jsp

Taz

Benman
January 2nd, 2007, 17:44
I think this is it Leadie...

http://www.gmc.com/yukon/yukon/photos360.jsp

Taz

Yes, use that link, then click on "Denali/Denali XL" for pics of mine.

It really is quite nice and very quiet and comfy. Monsterous power (gobs more than the Q7) and not any worse fuel economy (not to mention it drinks regular unleaded vs super, big saving over the long run). The plastics are a huge step above the old MkI Denali as well. Not up to Audi standards (but then, what car is?!?!?) but pretty nice nonetheless.

Not bad at all and the $16K I saved will go towards that brand new CBR600RR I've been eyeing (and still have plenty left over ;)). :cheers:

gjg
January 2nd, 2007, 23:15
what mileage do you get Ben - 10-12 mpg?

Benman
January 2nd, 2007, 23:35
what mileage do you get Ben - 10-12 mpg?

Around town, yes. Just like quattro, Denali AWD sucks the fuel around the city. Realistically, wife gets @12-14mpg around town. Out on the freeway, we average @18-19mpg @ 80-85mph with the occasional 20-21mpg showing up. Pretty impressive actually. :thumb:

AndyBG
January 3rd, 2007, 11:26
We speaked so much about that Q7, and now Denali...

Anyway..., CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase, ENJOY IT !:thumb:

January 3rd, 2007, 15:37
Around town, yes. Just like quattro, Denali AWD sucks the fuel around the city. Realistically, wife gets @12-14mpg around town. Out on the freeway, we average @18-19mpg @ 80-85mph with the occasional 20-21mpg showing up. Pretty impressive actually. :thumb:

Thats awful, I used to have a supercharged Range Rover and that used to average 21-25mpg on the motorways here in england! Not only does the Range Rover ave better fuel economy but it has a better cabin and is made of proper materials. But if your happy...

007:rs4addict

Benman
January 3rd, 2007, 20:09
We speaked so much about that Q7, and now Denali...

Anyway..., CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase, ENJOY IT !:thumb:

Tell me about it... but it's all good.

Thats awful, I used to have a supercharged Range Rover and that used to average 21-25mpg on the motorways here in england! Not only does the Range Rover ave better fuel economy but it has a better cabin and is made of proper materials. But if your happy...

Apples to oranges...

Comparing Imperial to our US standards, not quite the same. Your 21-25mpg is @ our 18-22mpg (plus your speeds equal less than our "mph"...) so all things being equal, your Land Rover does not get better fuel economy. Also, your Land Rover does not seat eight people and is not rated to tow over 8000lbs. ;)

Plus, ever since Ford bought Land Rover, I've not been overly impressed with their "proper materials". ;) :D But, if you're happy... ;)

gjg
January 5th, 2007, 22:32
Ben, you've forgot that if you really want to drive Land Rover you need another one in the garage for spare parts .... :applause:

Benman
January 5th, 2007, 22:56
Ben, you've forgot that if you really want to drive Land Rover you need another one in the garage for spare parts .... :applause:LMAO!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: