PDA

View Full Version : More on US pricing

dsts6
November 30th, 2006, 00:58
http://www.autospies.com/news/Exclusive-001-Uncovers-Audi-R8-Pricing-for-the-US-Market-10360/

chewym
November 30th, 2006, 08:53
Nicely equipped 110-115,000. So base probably at the lowest 100,000. This is the official estimate.

RXBG
November 30th, 2006, 15:12
had better be the MAXXED out price of a fully loaded car with the carbon brakes.

they are in 997 TT territory with the 115K. :doh: sorry audi. it is a gorgeous car and a hell of a lot of car. but you have to be realistic too. the way audis depreciate and the fact that the 997 is faster and a "porsche".... all at the same basic money figure..... you'd better be ready to make a price concession in order to move this car without embarrassing yourself by seeing them sit on the lots, no matter how few of them you bring over.....

the car should base below 100K imo. and WITH the magnetic ride and carbon bits standard....at least over here in the US of A...

AndyBG
November 30th, 2006, 15:18
Well said...

KresoF1
November 30th, 2006, 15:26
In Germany R8 with decent options(full leather, 19", Magnetic Ride, Navi, B&O etc.) cost around 122500 Euro. This is the price for car without Carbon interior, Carbon Engine bay or Carbon brakes...
997 Turbo with similar options cost around 153000 Euro in Germany so, at least in EU price difference is still pretty big.
R8 is in Europe priced at(or almost at) the same level as 997 Carrera 4S(with X51).
In USA price should be lower, but Audi's price politics are not the same as Porsche's(damping prices in USA, 997 Turbo way cheaper in USA then in Germany)...

RXBG
November 30th, 2006, 17:39
thinking in reverse, if a fully optioned R8 nets at 115K with the only omission being the two most expensive options- CF brakes and r-tronic the car would cost 125K minimum, fully optioned. NO WAY that will sell. sure, there are no other cars close to it in performance other than the 997 TT, but then again, there aren't that many people in that price demographic for such a car. it is too edgy for the older crowd that buys the AM V8 and too expensive for those that can barely drive off with a 997S..... and for those that can pay more.... they get an F430. and if they have an F430 why would they want an R8?

riddle me that :rolleyes:

KresoF1
November 30th, 2006, 18:49
You could be right....

Any way here is an interesting link:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1892

SpeedMonger
December 1st, 2006, 04:03
You could be right....

Any way here is an interesting link:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1892

Nice! On the 2nd picture, I'm sitting at a table about 5 people over from the right side. (My wife is in the tan jacket, back turned to the camera, 4 over from the right).

It was a fun event that was highlighted by having plenty of opportunity to sit in the R8. I just wrote up a lengthy review on Audiworld.com which I'm happy to re-post here if anyone's interested.

As far as pricing goes, unfortunately I think RXGB is right about the car potentially costing $125k fully optioned. My impression from speaking with the Audi folks was that $115k "nicely equipped" did not include R-tronic, and since ceramic brakes will not be offered initially, it wouldn't include those either.

I disagree about the car not selling though. It will sell well. It's exotic in appearance and has plenty going for it, and is a totally fresh look. If Audi wanted to sell 40k units a year I'd agree with RXGB completely. But at 3500 worldwide? Too much demand, too many folks with $$, too little supply.

Also, there will be plenty of people that don't want or need R-tronic & ceramic brakes. That means $115k or even less, which is quite approachable given the wealth and lust for new cars by car enthusiasts. Los Angeles alone could easily suck up the entire US allocation if allowed to do so.

SM

chewym
December 1st, 2006, 07:58
I think that Audi will price it in a way that will get them profit and not loses. Audi just barely makes/loses money on the cars it sells here because of the Euro/Dollar exchange rate. This is basically a hand built car that is more exclusive than a Ferrari. Of course I do think that Audi should up the amount it sells and shoot for 1,000 in the US a year at least. But that is not what they have planned so far, so I can assume the price will reflect that.

RXBG
December 1st, 2006, 15:12
thanks for your post....

if the 115K includes the nav system, B&O, magnetic ride, 19 inch rims, and choice of any type of side blade then i will find it reasonable. the only option should really be the CF trim and engine light. the parking sensors should be standard.

we'll see. in the case of the R8 guys like me always get shafted because, well we're bound to buy it anyway.... as long as they don't overdo it....

RXBG
December 1st, 2006, 15:25
further.... LED headlights. oct 2007, i heard in the US.

and.... sounds like it feels like a TT when you're inside.