PDA

View Full Version : delivery

gjg
October 29th, 2006, 08:52
Ben, did you pickup yours yet? First impressions?

I'm picking mine up either Tue or Thur this week, it's already in dealer's garage, awaiting plates (here you can't get temp 30-60 days plate like in US unfortunately). :cry:

Skaala
October 29th, 2006, 17:35
3 weeks too go for me...
need one week for transport, and one and a half weeks for plates..

Audi RS4
October 30th, 2006, 15:44
I got mine friday last week ;)

Benman
October 30th, 2006, 16:39
Ben, did you pickup yours yet? First impressions?

Typical... sadly no, not yet! The wife is very :vgrumpy: to say the least!

Seems the transport company did not load the wife's Q7!!!:eek: :doh: :nono:

So... next weekend I'm in Phoenix (so can't go pick it up) so it will have to wait till the following weekend! Wife is getting cranky. She is one awesome lady, but even she has her limits. Right now, she'll wait till the second weekend of November, but after that, she is wanting to say screw it, and buy a Tahoe. She doesn't care, she just wants her own vehicle as she's tired of sweating something happening to the RS 6 that I let her use as her daily "grocery getter". I don't blame her...

We shall see...

Ben:addict:

gjg
October 30th, 2006, 23:29
Ben, this just plainly sucks ... :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy:

however you're not alone in your painfull experience with f******g incompetence - main is sitting in dealer's place since Monday and I can't get plates because the idiots (Audi's exclusive importer) are not able to cut invoice for the car ... :doh:

no license plates, no driving in this semi-communistic European Union enviroment. :rolleyes:

Benman
October 31st, 2006, 00:05
Misery loves company my friend! :D

Seriously, my sales guy is just as pissed since he was missinformed as well. It just sucks all around.

Aaron says, no Tahoe, go with Escalade for more "bling" :D. I don't know, bling ain't my thing...

Here's hoping the Q7 makes it in time... and dang, that you should get your second Q7 before I get my first... now that stinks. ;)

gjg
October 31st, 2006, 06:47
yeah, and I would get chrome wheels for Escalade .... or, if you want to show REAL class, I'd get them gold plated ... :harass:

Benman
October 31st, 2006, 15:14
yeah, and I would get chrome wheels for Escalade .... or, if you want to show REAL class, I'd get them gold plated ... :harass:
:applause: Nah, then I'd have to move to Inglewood. ;)

No... something understated if the Q7 doesn't make it...Infiniti QX45/Armada, Yukon or something... funny how girls (sub 5' tall) like big trucks. ;)

gjg
October 31st, 2006, 19:36
tuned up Suburban or Excursion may be something to consider ... erhh :jlol:

gjg
October 31st, 2006, 20:18
btw I'm picking mine up Thursday afternoon, got "special" 30 day temp plates from friendly department :applause: ...

Hope to get mtm pack on it next week :thumb: - oh, and LoJack too ...

Benman
November 1st, 2006, 00:25
Hope to get mtm pack on it next week...

George, let me know how you like the MTM chip with the 3.0TDI...:thumb:

gjg
November 2nd, 2006, 20:13
pick-up succesfull, today we had first snow storm of the season so this was timely :hihi:

diesel runs fine, of course the fun is limited to 4.5k rpm but for normal driving is all you need

gjg
November 2nd, 2006, 20:15
put about 300 km on it - 50/50 autobahn/normal roads, fuel consuption about 9 litre/100 km. Not bad

Benman
November 2nd, 2006, 21:07
Thanks for the update George.:cheers:

Well, almost a week later and still no update! Salesguy has yet to hear from transport company despite trying to contact them several times... major bummer...

well, one more week to go and then I'll know if the wife will be driving a Q7 Sline... or fully loaded Denali (which BTW, is actually, pretty darn nice if you can get over the plasticy interior ;) ).

gjg
November 3rd, 2006, 19:41
that sucks ... not to rub it ins., mine came with S-Line package, which I actually could not order at the time car was booked, but dealer managed to add it in later - it looks gooood ...

Benman
November 3rd, 2006, 19:48
that sucks ... not to rub it ins., mine came with S-Line package, which I actually could not order at the time car was booked, but dealer managed to add it in later - it looks gooood ...

B@st@rd...

Congrats George, it must be beautiful, what color?

I should (hopefully) know more by Tuesday or Wednesday...:rolleyes:

BBGT2
November 4th, 2006, 06:07
Hang in there Ben, at the last minute everything will fall into place.
The new Denali's are GORGEOUS compared to the "older" one like we had and we enjoyed that thing till I sold it.
Have faith in the rings my friend they always come around.
Bet you cant believe ME saying that.
Have a great weekend.

Bajo

rs_t
November 4th, 2006, 21:37

Pictures please!

gjg
November 4th, 2006, 22:09
will take some pics tomorrow if it will stop raining/snowing.... :thumb:

Benman
November 6th, 2006, 15:28
Bet you cant believe ME saying that.

Bajo

You got that right! :D

deadline is Friday 12pm my time. If car is not there by then, we will get a Denali. I'm still hoping it will be there in time. Last update was car will be there in 2-3 days... but no confirmed location! Incredible that I can track a $60.00 package with UPS/Fed Ex, but no one seems to know where my wife's $60K Q7 is?!?!?:argue:

Yes George!!! Pics please!

Audihead
November 7th, 2006, 01:45
I know where your truck is.:D It's at the dealer waiting for ya. I'm sure you know by now. Man that thing is:king: . Congrats, and see ya Friday!:0:

Benman
November 7th, 2006, 16:06
Yep!:applause:

The wife is very happy. We were very close with the Denali (even had the dealer picked out) but we're glad that the Q7 deal came through.

As some here may already know, I am picking this car up in Detroit. A certain Audihead helped facilitate a discounted purchase for me that I could not achieve at my dealer back home this early in the Q7's model run. So... Detroit it is!

This will also give me the opportunity to meet two more members of rs6.com for the first time. Audihead in Detroit and BBGT2 (formerly known as Bajo) in Chicago. From there, it will be a banzai run to Salt Lake for a pit stop at a friends house, then the final leg home. Should be a little under 2500 miles on the odometer when I arrive home. Looking forward to the adventure.;)

Benman
November 8th, 2006, 20:33
Major Problem,

Salesguy just informed me that our Q7 has the 6 seater configuration despite us ordering it with the 7 seater option... crap'ola!

I'm not sure the wifey is going to go for it... Talk about last minute. Man, I feel bad for my salesguy, but I got the paper on the bathroom counter showing we ordered the 7 seater... dang, dang, dang!

Can't things go right just once!!!:cry:

Audi RS4
November 8th, 2006, 20:59
Damn, don't hope that's a common thing from Audi in the US? :S

Benman
November 8th, 2006, 21:04
Damn, don't hope that's a common thing from Audi in the US? :S

Sadly, for me it seems to be. When I ordered my :addict: I specifically ordered Navi.

Needless to say, my car doesn't have Navi. Seems I'm two for two... that is, if the wife bites. So far, she is a tad bummed... may not work out afterall.

What a sucky deal. When I ordered the Q7, I'm the one that wanted all the "goodies". My wife's only request? But of course, "Honey, as long as you order the 7 seater configuration, that is all I care about...".

Greeeeat... of course the only option she cares about is the one that gets screwed up... Murphy, I could just about kill you and your stupid Law!!!

gjg
November 8th, 2006, 22:28
there is something wrong - the premium package comes with NAV system as default (at least as per Audi USA configurator), you cannot get the Daytona Gray on basic 4.2 package.

:vgrumpy:

Did you ask stealer to install it since it should be there to begin with?

Benman
November 8th, 2006, 22:51
No George,

Sorry for the missunderstanding... re-read my post: When I ordered my :addict: I specifically ordered Navi.

Needless to say, my car doesn't have Navi. Seems I'm two for two...

My RS 6 was ordered with Navi and didn't come with it.

The wife's Q7 was ordered as a 7 seater and didn't come that way. That is what I meant by "two for two". Two different ordered Audis, two different times that the order was messed up. So yes, in America, with my luck, this seems to be very common (100% for me to date ;))...sad.

Wife will make her decision by tomorrow morning...

Audi RS4
November 9th, 2006, 07:00
That's just not good enough for Audi. If Audi wants to be at the same level as BMW and Mercedes, they have to upper their service. Quite a bit!

roadrunner
November 9th, 2006, 08:43
Major Problem,

Salesguy just informed me that our Q7 has the 6 seater configuration despite us ordering it with the 7 seater option... crap'ola!

Can't things go right just once!!!:cry:

Someone at Audi of America should read this and make things right - after all we cannot let Ben get a Denali :nono:.

I had to google it, as it is unknow here in europe, and after seeing pics of it - it is for sure a nice ride for american standards, but nowhere near a Q7.

I really hope your dilema can be solved somehow. On the other hand I fully understand you loosing your patiance with Audi.

All the best
Seb.

Benman
November 9th, 2006, 21:53
Well fellas...

It is done. Despites my finest efforts, I could not sell the wife on the 6 seater. Most unfortunate. As for the dealer, despite the mess up, I have nothing but positive things to say. They never once tried to "hold" me to the sale, they were all too ready to admit it was their mess up, and were very apologetic. In this day and age of A**Hole customers, I think they were suprised by my patience in the matter. But in the end, their is no way to transform a 6 seater into a 7 seater without legalities (damn ambulance chasers) so the Q7 will not be coming home with me this weekend.

The Denali test ride went flawless. It is the exact color, exact options, exact everything (except being a Q7 of course :D) that the wife wants. She is happy, and that is all I care about. I really am not a SUV person to begin with, so as long as she likes it, I'm fine.

Has this made me bitter with Audi... not really actually. When I think about it, I'm fine. I'm in the automotive industry as well and have to deal with A**Hole customers all the time so I've vowed loooong ago never to become one. In time, I will get another Audi, perhaps, even with said dealer, you never know.

To all that bought a Q7, enjoy, I truely hope you love your ride.:cheers:

***edit*** wife wants me to still go out and meet up with the rs6.com guys!:dig: Did I mention how cool my wife is? ;) So... I'll still get to meet up with Audihead and Bajo afterall!:cheers: And I'd like to meet my salesguy to say hello as well (keep in mind, the original salesguy who placed the order has since left the dealer so it is completely not the current salesguy fault that the car came in wrong).

mr
November 10th, 2006, 06:37
sad to hear about your / your wifes decission.

well AOA or your dealer should use this whole story to learn out of it.

rgds
mr

Leadfoot
November 11th, 2006, 11:20
Ben,

Saw my first Q7 S-Line in silver and though we all with the exception of Radiation Joe, die-hard Audi nuts, it was the best looking 4x4 SUV I have ever seen.:love: I don't know if you have seen one in Silver, if not drive to the nearest dealer that does because it is without a doubt the colour to have.

Sorry Radiation Joe, it was only a little joke and not a real dig at you.:thumb:

Benman
November 13th, 2006, 16:28
Like I was saying, the wife wanted me to go out and spend some time with the guys anyway (good woman), so... Audihead (Aaron) picked me up from Detroit Metro and we were able to spend some time together before going to the dealer to see what would have been and then setting off for Chicago to meet up with BBGT2 (Bajo) for dinner.

I gotta say the Q7 Sline in Daytona Grey is gorgeous. It was a little painful to see, but ahh well. It was my pleasure to meet Aaron (and friends) and Bajo and I thank them for their hospitality.:cheers:

BTW, LamboM must not have had a good example of a Escalade. And besides, the 07' is a total redisign. The Denali is it's mechanical twin. Same engine, same aluminum suspension, same 6speed tranny, same great ride with less "bling". Wife loves it, and I have to admit, it suprised me as well. Very nice truck.

So... anyway, here it is. The Q7 that never was... (sorry for the resized low quality):

1st, looks great on the outside, 2nd, the beautiful interior, yet the reason I couldn't take it home.... bummer.