PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher offered 12m Euro to race 24H Spa for AUDI!!!

MR USER
October 23rd, 2006, 16:29
During the last Grand Prix of the season, the Italian commetner said that Michael has been offered 12 million euros to race for Audi in the 24h of SPA!!!

What do you think? Will he take it???

roadrunner
October 23rd, 2006, 17:28
What i read - it was 10 Mio. EUR ~ 12,5 Mio $
and it was for Audi's DTM engagement and/or Le Mans 2007.

Doubt the DTM, but he is missing a Le Mans win and Audi R10 is a potential winner :applause:

greets
seb

Benman
October 23rd, 2006, 19:07
I'm not the biggest Shuey fan, but I'd pay to see that!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

mr
October 24th, 2006, 07:02
sounds like a big PR thing for audi ... let's see if it's true and if schumacher wants to take such a chance -> i do thinkt htat he rather not wants to -> but thats just my opinion.

rgds
mr

krm
October 24th, 2006, 09:41
And let's see if his affiliation with Ferrari ends with his retirement... I heard they may still retain him as some kind of consultant?

Skaala
October 24th, 2006, 11:19
well, both him and his brother drive RS6's

Duma
October 24th, 2006, 18:11
well, both him and his brother drive RS6's :dig: :dig:

Duma
October 24th, 2006, 18:15
we would see Shumi next year in Audi at Le mans ,I hope

AndyBG
October 25th, 2006, 12:59
That offer was for DTM, for season in Audi, but, I am 99% sure thaat he will reject that offer...:(

Leadfoot
October 25th, 2006, 15:22
I haven't commented on this up to now, but here going. Mr Schumacher will in my opinion take at least a year out of all motorsport and be a family man. After this possibly Le Mans will be his calling as the competitive spirt in him will want to add this feather to his cap. As regards to DTM, I'm not so sure, but as it's a German motorsport series and as such will keeping in his home area, the pressure from this series would be a lot less and he would be able to balance the job and family better than F1.

Will he come back into motorsport with Audi? Who knows about I hope so as I would reckon one of the four German manufactures will be his most likely partner. I for one would like to see him in rallying, just to see if he's as good as we think he is. Either way I hope it isn't the last we will see of him in a race car.:thumb:

Benman
October 25th, 2006, 16:29
Mr Schumacher will in my opinion take at least a year out of all motorsport and be a family man. After this possibly Le Mans will be his calling as the competitive spirt in him will want to add this feather to his cap.

I'd agree with that.

And as for Audi scoring a well known F1 driver... they've done it before. ;)

Ben:addict:

Inline Six
October 27th, 2006, 01:45
MS is a Ferrari man, he's got stakes in Ferrari and he ain't going nowhere. My guess is he would become team principle for Scruderia Ferrari at some point, and would eventually take some sort of management role following Jean Todt's path.