PDA

View Full Version : Looks like F1 won't have Audi after all

irondad
September 27th, 2006, 21:25
Check this out http://members.f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/060927103053.php :revs:

StephanB
September 30th, 2006, 03:21
Link doesnt work sadly

irondad
September 30th, 2006, 16:37
I basically read that Spyker, who bought out the MF1 team, will be using Ferrari engines, and not Audi. I think every car they have made in the past has had four rings on it, oh well!!:w:

Leadfoot
September 30th, 2006, 21:15
I don't think it a case of Spyker choosing Ferrari instead of Audi engines, I think it more likely that Audi declined to supply and rightly so, as if I was Audi I would want a major player instead of a new boy. Regardless of who they would supply to cost would be the same.

chewym
October 3rd, 2006, 07:14
Audi is doing very well in endurance racing (dominating). (ALMS and Le Mans) Audi can run the entire R10 program (5 seasons) and will still spend less than Toyota did on one F1 season (without any good results of course)

MR USER
October 4th, 2006, 14:54
Developing a F1 engine is not lke giving a motor to any vehicle.... you must be dreaming if you think that Audi can develope such engine in no time especially considering the engine developement freeze at the end of this season.... How could anybody do a F1 engine that is performing in just cuple weeks??? Keep it real!!!!

AndyBG
October 4th, 2006, 23:47
If Audi (VAG) ever enters F1 it would be trough Red Bull racing, they are partners in several world series.

DTM (Audi)

WRC (Skoda)

IulianUM
October 5th, 2006, 01:20
Read somewhere that Red Bull Racing made an agreement with Renault for the next two years .

With the actual regulations , V8 petrol engine , I think that Audi is going in another direction , but who knows .

Anyway Ferrari (Fiat) , Renault , Toyota , Honda doesn´t seems to be profiting their investments in F1 .:rolleyes:

MJN
October 24th, 2006, 10:38
I basically read that Spyker, who bought out the MF1 team, will be using Ferrari engines, and not Audi. I think every car they have made in the past has had four rings on it, oh well!!:w:
I think that's not true. On there first Le Mans car (C12), the engine was from BMW or at least that's what i remember.

Inline Six
October 27th, 2006, 02:50
If Audi (VAG) ever enters F1 it would be trough Red Bull racing,

+1

If VAG ever gets involved in F1 it'd be a RBR-Porsche alliance.

Lateknight
November 1st, 2006, 02:06
Anyway Ferrari (Fiat) , Renault , Toyota , Honda doesn´t seems to be profiting their investments in F1 .:rolleyes:

Agreed......
F1 is about as far away from production cars as is possible to get on 4 wheels.
Hardly any of the technology filters down to production cars.

Who would buy a Renault just because they have recently won the F1 World Championship ?
At most it raises awareness of the brand ... just before your illusion is shattered when you wander into the showroom and discover they only make bags of sh*t.:lovl:

Leadfoot
November 2nd, 2006, 12:09
Actually I would says that most of the technology that is in our cars today comes from F1. It's just the technology filters down through the different race forms so by the time it gets to the roadcars you think it's come from something else.

Basically, you name it and bet is F1 was where it was introduced.:thumb:

Lateknight
November 2nd, 2006, 23:23
Actually I would says that most of the technology that is in our cars today comes from F1. It's just the technology filters down through the different race forms so by the time it gets to the roadcars you think it's come from something else.

Basically, you name it and bet is F1 was where it was introduced.:thumb:

O.K........................ TDI Diesel technology. Whether it be Pump Injector system (PD) or Common Rail. :hahahehe: :hahahehe:

I agree in part with what you say. Certainly a lot of electronic aids that are coming through on cars now (Traction control / Fancy adaptable suspension systems etc) have more than likely been developed from F1 ideas.
But, current F1 technology can offer very little now to future roadcars where emissions and fuel saving will be the goals, not being able to rev to 19k+ revs.
Although developing cars closer to the 600kg of an F1 car rather than the 2 tonnes of todays medium sized cars might help in the efficiency..:D

My 2 cents